Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Antidote

Dubhe delves into the murky misogyny of AC/DC lyrics. How does one purge "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" from one's consciousness, and back into the bowels of bygone days where it belongs?

Channelling Gaye Adegbalola:

I'm in this game of life
I compete every day
I set my own rules and I//
Don't need balls to play
I've got Big Ovaries, Baby (aiff file)
Assertive or aggressive
Name it it you will
Brazen or bodacious I got//
Ovaries of steel
Ahh, that's much better.

[edit: Title corrected for your pedantic pleasure!]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually use Jethro Tull, myself. But he's probably a raging misogynist too; I haven't gotten anywhere close to the "j" groups yet.

manxome said...

When you say Jethro Tull, all I can think of is Living in the Past. I like when more than the "standard" instruments are featured like that, whether its flute or sax or congas or pvc pipe.

My usual anecdote to Really Undesirable Song Stuck in Head Syndrome (RUSSH) is Sly & the Family Stone. 'Different strokes for different folks'!

Ah, and now you already know what my anecdote for "S" will be. :)

Anonymous said...

Really Undesirable Song Stuck in Head Syndrome (RUSSH)

You have a name for it?! That's just genius! Once I get a song stuck in my head its hard to get it out again, what with the OCD.

Anonymous said...

And often, it's a Rush song! :D

[pedant] Oh, and I think you mean "antidote". An "anecdote" is a personal story or account. [/pedant]

manxome said...

Somehow I knew someone was going to equate it to Rush! 'Cept, YYZ has no lyrics. :)

Got any antidote anecdotes? Or anecdote antodotes? "Aw, snap," as daughter would say. Like, 20 times a day.